Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cooler Weather + Cozy Blankets = Disaster!

There is nothing cozier than climbing into bed with some paper and a pen.  Add the long-awaited dip from 100° to the mid 60s we've had here and you've got yourself a recipe for a novel.

"Storytime" by Nina Boyd

Speaking of novels, it's almost embarrassing to admit how many I'm currently in the middle of writing.  See, the problem with that cozy bed I mentioned earlier is it lends itself to writing, writing, and more writing--and not necessarily finishing long-term projects, or hammering out details of near-completed ones.

Maybe the 100° weather should come back.



 Am I the only one who finds herself waist-deep in halfway written plots?

 I admire those people (do they exist?) who staunchly edit and re-edit their one manuscript for five years, then go down their checklist of sending it to copy editors, sending it to publishers, and so on.  I will probably never be among those people, and even though I admire them, I don't think I want to be one of them.  My mind is just constantly too busy to stick to one project at a time--that steady stream of ideas won't allow it, with each one begging to be developed.



At the same time, I would like to finish one project before I begin three more.  Comment on this blog and help me decide if I should focus on my historical romance or fantasy adventure novel...

No comments:

Post a Comment